PDA

View Full Version : Garage4Hackers Kashmir relief Challenge . Donate or Win a bug bounty.

fb1h2s
09-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Donate how much ever you could or win a bug bounty and donate that money for the relief program . Which ever option you choose, upload a selfie of that donation.

Read more:

Tsunamis, droughts, floods, storms, hurricanes, earthquakes are those natural calamities which are over the control of Human. Each year we witness heavy devastation in some or the other areas around the globe. We lose people, we lose properties & top of all we lose our moral.
This year, it’s Kashmir, India who’s barring the hammer of nature. This flood has not only hit India but also Pakistan. The death toll has already risen to 200+ in India & 280+ in Pakistan. The damage that has been caused to the properties can not even be counted in numbers for now.
source (http://darshangajara.wordpress.com/tag/funds-for-kashmir-relief/):

One of our fellow garage member Rashid Bhat is from kashmir[India]. We were able to raise a small amount from the garage admins and now we are reaching out to all garage members out there. The money we have raised was used to buy Medicines, Blankets, Food and other emergency amenities. Rashid himself has gone to kashmir with the aids and he would be returning soon and its our responsibility to provide more support for kashmir .

We have seen how great and responsible people were donating/spreading awareness about ALS and. Garage4Hackers
is gone start a new challenge for all hackers out there. Donate how much ever you could or win a bug bounty and donate that money for the relief program . Which ever option you choose, upload a selfie of that donation.

Donation should be made to :

Account no: 187701504044
Name: RASHID ASLAM BHAT
IFSC Code: ICIC0001877
Put remarks: yournmae+g4h

Whatever you donate , rashid would in person go to kashmir and help people out there. Hacking is not just about technical stuffs, it is much more bigger. And the challenge starts now.

fb1h2s
09-19-2014, 10:09 PM
More Pics from the stuffs brought by @rashid :788

Rashid bhatt
09-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Garage4Hackers Kashmir Relief donations Update Part I

2014 Kashmir Floods started at 5 September and the intensity was 22.40 feet (6.83*m) w above the danger mark
Pressure started building up when I totally cut off in communication with my friends and family for about 5 days .

Following are some of the devastating pictures I took during my visit over there.

Since the second day I heard the news, I started collecting donations . And lots of good people from g4h started donating. A bug bounty challenge on the lines of ALS Bucket challenge was pitched forward. The G4H Facebook page was buzz with generous donations from many people who were from Indian infosec community and also friends of friends. I would like to thank all from the bottom of my heart ! https://www.facebook.com/Garage4Hackers/photos/a.291740437511056.78570.138904662794635/861185430566551/?type=1&permPage=1

I would like to thank Garage4Hackers for the immense and swift support in this humanitarian effort. https://twitter.com/garage4hackers/status/513207086373556224
Also thanks to fb1h2s for starting a ALS like thing for Kashmir Donations . http://garage4hackers.com/showthread.php?t=6096&p=13551&viewfull=1#post13551

On 16 of Sep we were able to buy the following general items

Generic Medicine .

augmentin 500
doxycilin
ornof
emset
levofloaxcin
sinarest
montair lc
metformin
throxin
thyroxin*
injections
syringes
some gloves
hand sanitizes
sanitary napkins for women
betadine ointments'
gauzes, bandages
energy bars

Thanks to KeepFit Medicals Stores for providing us with a huge discount

Medical Devices

We brought some Nebulizers also . Nebulizer is a drug delivery device used to administer medication in the form of a mist inhaled into the lungs. This was brought in to attention by authorities over there at the Srinagar airport responsible for handling and forwarding the relief material .

Thanks for KeepFit Medicals Stores, Pune (India) for providing us with a huge discount.

Blankets .

We were also able to send 60 blankets . People at Maharaja Store's in AB Chowk, Pune (India) provided us the blankets with huge discounts.

And At last I would like to personally thank Summi of Indigo Airlines for providing us Free of cost cargo consignment https://twitter.com/raashidbhatt/status/511214311432126464

PS: I will be posting another announcement shortly after communication and banking is restored in Kashmir

Rashid bhatt
10-19-2014, 06:34 PM
Kashmir relief/donation Update II

As the water level has receded now . Now It was time to help the families affected .
I would like to bring in notice that my generous and brave friend Mr Noor Amin is the real unsung hero here . He personally went to each family to cross check if they were actually worth donation/relief

AS said above It was verified before giving to any family weather they were actually indeed or not .

Following is the tentative list of people helped during last 2 weeks

Abdul Hamid Wani
Labourer
Address : Nawakadal

Aijaz Ahmed Mir
ShopKeeper
Address : saikdafar

Irshad Hazare
Shopkeeper
Address : Nawakadal

Adnan Wani
Handicapped kid