PDA

View Full Version : How To Start Solving Honeynet SOM?

mayjune
04-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi,
Can anyone explain what all do you need to learn or know to solve a beginner level of Honeynet SOM. I want to learn how the analysis is done, but I cant find any resourse on the site itself on what steps a beginner can start from.Like do i need to setup a VM. if yes what kinda setup? What tools you reqd etc...

Also if you have a link to SOM that is idle for beginner would be great too, since I am totally new to this but i really wanna learn.

I have got my basic concepts of what a honeypot/honeynet is cleared (Almost finished Reading Honeypots - Tracking Hackers) But need some hands on to begin understanding the concepts fully.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

s1ayer
05-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Try to downloading some free honeypots and use them... then u vl get a feel how they work (not exactly).....

one more thing it could be vitually another server or even a false page meant for hackers to easily found..... etc.... its all about making hacker feel that they are inside the box..... but actually they are still very far away.... instead they have raised an alarm....

But i wonder nowadays... whts the use of honeypots now.... so many proxy vpns, chain-proxy etc have been there.. that its kinda useless untill we dont add some other functionality in honeypot.. like... self injecting backdoor in the attackers system.....:P can be done... coz... with the honeypot connection we are actually directly connected to his system...... i know u ddidnt ask for these.... but was just curious.... so just wrote down :P

mayjune
05-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Thanks. But I meant how to solve the challenges that are given by honeynet?
Here's the link to challenges...
http://www.honeynet.org/challenges