Thread: Cracking Passwords In The Cloud: Amazonís New EC2 GPU Instances Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Cracking Passwords In The Cloud: Amazonís New EC2 GPU Instances

Code:
    http://stacksmashing.net/2010/11/15/cracking-in-the-cloud-amazons-new-ec2-gpu-instances/
    Garage4Hackers bugs for the community , of the community

We provide IT
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |

|
    |

Thanks for sharing this informative link.

These days, there are 3 advanced ways of cracking hashes:

Distributed Cracking, something similar to gijohn.info
    Parallel processing power of GPUs (Nvidia's CUDA or ATI's OpenCL) using tools like hashcat, oclhashcat suite of tools
    Web services like Amazon Web Services, Amazon EC2 for instance.

This article describes in detail about the hardware used by the Amazon EC2 instances. Perhaps, it would have been more helpful, if the author had mentioned details of the benchmark results as well.

Raw SHA-1 hashes are out dated. I would like to see the benchmark results for tougher algorithms like Blowfish, MS Domain Cached Credentials, BSDI, MD5 (Unix), Wordpress and other difficult algorithms.

There's not much information around it. If I find links which can give details about the benchmarking results, I'll share them here.

Really very nice information. I came to know about many new things on this forum about cloud computing.