Thread: Project: Linux Log Eraser v1.0 Share/Save - My123World.Com!

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar

Project: Linux Log Eraser v1.0

Dear Friends,

Here comes v1.0 of it and shall be the final at the moment. I've included almost all of the features I planned for this project, so shall not be releasing further versions in near future.

Features:

1. The script is capable of searching for IP provided by user in all log files. Accordingly, user can instruct the script to remove the traces of that IP. The script does check zipped log files as well (.gz) but doesn't have feature yet to remove the traces from zipped files.

2. The script is capable of scanning all log files and present the user with top 20 IP's in log files with most occurrences. Any suitable one from this list shall be a good option for spoofing users original IP

3. The script is capable of removing almost all traces of user's IP address, and the user-name from all log files. Where ever deletion of entries is not possible, spoofing of IP and user-name takes over

4. The script is capable of removing the entries of users web-backdoor shell from log files

5. The script is capable of finding probable back doors planted by other attackers on the same Linux server

6. The script maintains the time stamping of log files

7. At the end, the script recommends essentials steps to avoid commands getting logged into linux history

Remove the .txt extension from "linux_log_eraser-v1.0.sh.txt" and "log_files.sh.txt" files before using.
    And uncomment the needed log files in log_files.sh file

Thanks to everyone for their support and the special one to Hackuin for taking the pain to go through the earlier versions of script and provide good/necessary feedback's
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN
    [*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious

Gr88 job bondd... keep rocking..!!!!

Blog Entries
    there is no charge for awesomeness
    ACCESS is GOD

That reminds me of MIG Logcleaner, the logcleaner of the old days.
    Your script has a lot improvements in comparison with it. It looks great
    at the first view, thanks for the nice script.