Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exploit writting - Shell code writting help. Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Smile Exploit writting - Shell code writting help.

I want to start writting exploits, But I got stucked in few points like finding address value and most important writting shell code as when i see some old gold exploits, i see some alien alphabets like :-
    "/xcd/x90" to which I am not at all familiar with and wants to get familiar with such alien chars ,

My bio :- I have no idea of Assembling, So, I know this would be very "handy job for me :P [you know what i mean]", so considering the situation, can i get some start point to start finding address value, "eip" and than proceeding to writing of shell code.

Thanks

regards
    c1ph3r

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No sir,we don't know what you mean.Kindly be specific

Do you want to know about /xcd /x90 in shellcode in particular or do you want to know the basics of writing shellcode ?
    Well in the later case I would suggest you to have a look at Buffer Overflow Exploitation Megaprimer for Linux & Exploit Research Megaprimer Series on SecurityTube.
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

Blog Entries
    Building your own shell codes http://packetstormsecurity.org/files..._own_Shell.pdf
    , I believe I have explained it fresher friendly . Please take a look at this , understand what those /d3/bf stuffs are , then move on.
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    damn .. why do I always come to know about things at last

@fb1h2s

dude ...!! .. you are totally awesome
    b/w I never saw this paper of yours here on forum
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

Quote Originally Posted by fb1h2s View Post
    Building your own shell codes http://packetstormsecurity.org/files..._own_Shell.pdf
    , I believe I have explained it fresher friendly . Please take a look at this , understand what those /d3/bf stuffs are , then move on.
    Thanks bro, I am off to read that book, will get to post soon

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar
    [*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN
    [*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious

Do have a look at above article of b0nd bro meanwhile a good online resource to learn about shellcode:

http://www.projectshellcode.com/?q=node/12
    The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense. - Thomas A. Edison
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Blog Entries
    And if you find yourself too curious to learn more about assembly then http://www.garage4hackers.com/showth...ighlight=dates this would be the right choice .
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Wowww.. This is amazing.

Thank you bro, I will update again the post, when i am done with above.

Thanks once again

My bio :- I have no idea of Assembling, So, I know this would be very "handy job for me :P [you know what i mean]", so considering the situation, can i get some start point to start finding address value, "eip" and than proceeding to writing of shell code.
    I would suggest to learn Aseembly language first, that is the first step before you go towards any exploit writing.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply