Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garage Meet - June 2011 - The most awaited writeup Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Blog Entries

Garage Meet - June 2011 - The most awaited writeup

Garage Meet June - 2011
    Date : 18- June - 2011
    Time : 1100 - 1630 Hours

Attained By - neo1981, fb1h2s, 41.W4R10R, Godwin_Austin, the_empty, anantshri,
    babloo, [S]. darkdawn, Micr0, darshit, cool_toad

It has been almost a year now for us to have started the Garage Meets. Though the official timing of this months Garage meet was 1100 hours on June,
    18; it actually started when me, 41.W4r10r and micro reached Austin's place
    where fb1h2s was going through some hardcore work-out for physical fitness. One
    more thing which he and Godwin_Austin are trying to inherited from the MASTER.
    Throughout the night we discussed many things most of which included some
    important incidents of recent past. That was when we actually decided upon the
    plan about the next day's meet, the topics and talks etc.

So, as decided we all gathered at the E-Square theater and came to know that the
    sucking cafe would not allow us to use laptops. So we had to move to the Campus
    of nearby college and had this months meet in the shadows of a large tree.

As always many of us were having new ideas to present. The most
    noticeable ones were Austin's plans to take Darkest MD5 hash scrapper tool
    (dark_Cracker) to new heights, anantshri's idea about a SMTP based DoS attack
    and a show stopper by neo1981 about HAM radios.

Godwin_Austin and anantshri described that how the functionality of
    Dark_cracker can be extended and how could this tool be made more reliable and
    fast. Godwin_Austin is now looking after the code part whereas anantshri has
    already shared many links of online md5 cracking site which could be used to
    enhance the functionality of the tool. With these two awesome minds working
    together we could expect some beautiful results very soon.

Here is the link for the tool we discussed and anantshri has already started
    gathering resources which can be added to the tool

http://www.garage4hackers.com/showth...cker-in-python

With this we again discussed the Idea of having our own MD5 hash cracking
    server. This rig as per our previous calculations would cost somewhere around
    1L. Current plans are to host it somewhere so that we can use it for other
    testing purposes as well. We are still in the discussion process and will soon
    come up with the GOOD NEWS.

After this anantshri wanted us to show the brand new version of Backtrack. He
    couldn't find a system to install it so he had it installed on his Sony Experia
    mobile and it was an awesome experience to watch it running on a chrooted
    phone. To those who don't know - anantshri is the first known human being to
    have installed bt5 successfully on sony experia. Techdistinct.com has posted a
    news about this which can be found at

http://www.techdistinct.com/2011/05/...rack-5-ubuntu/

After this neo1981 took the chance to question me and warrior about the progress
    we have made in last couple of months about the RFID project we were working
    upon. So far we have managed to learn few things about RFID technology. To go
    deeper in this domain, me and warrior have planned to grab some RFID reader
    writers and other related hardware to setup a small testing lab for our
    experiments. When we talk about RFIDs most people think that its all about
    bypassing the RFID scanner and getting the STUFF out of the shopping mall (for
    free :P). However after being enlightened by Godwin_Austin in last meet, me and
    warrior worked upon the other possible attack vectors on RFID implementation and
    were able to find many things. Most of the data can be found at rfidvirus.org.
    Soon me and warrior will get hands on the hardware and shoot out towards the
    goals.

After this obviously we turned to the legend, rather than answering about his
    ACTUAL plans about the HAM radio, neo1981 distracted all of us by taking out his
    brand new Samasung Galaxy Tab. This awesome android base gadget is what my next
    dream is.

There were some other interesting and very important topics as well which we
    discussed and information about those will be posted when the proper time
    arrives.

Then after we all had a very nice and rather heavy lunch as all were hungry.
    Then-after we moved to the Nullmeet which was scheduled at 1630 hours at a nearby
    college. There also fb1h2s talked about the ways we can actually use XSS
    vulnerability generally found in the web applications. The same paper is posted
    here also with the name XSS to Root in the Meanest Hacks section.

anantshri explained about his recent experience in which he had accidentally and
    unknowingly did a DoS attack on his own website. It cost him $75 to partially
    recover the damage. anantshri has already posted the details of this on forum
    link of which is given below
    http://www.garage4hackers.com/showth...-then-just-DoS

After this we all had some coffee and snacks and concluded the Garage meet for June 2011.

The new members who joined our family and meetings this time were : anantshri,
    babloo, [s], cool_toad
    I would love to once more welcome these guys to this new family of theirs where
    in we will share our knowledge and experiences and keep growing with more pace and stability.

Long live Garage, long live the Garage Spirit.

Bye Bye

See you soon with the next meeting schedules

Regards,

The_Empty
    Root is nothing but a state of Mind
    Last edited by the_empty; 06-22-2011 at 12:57 AM.
    ACCESS is GOD

Blog Entries
    Did you get fired from your office or something ? . That was the quickest of all your write ups and I wonder how you managed to pull that time with out getting fired .
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Security Researcher
    Blog Entries
    good one fb1H2s

well i was also not expecting such a quick turnaround ...

Good job the_empty
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Little correction empty
    After this obviously we turned to the legend, rather than answering about his
    ACTUAL plans about the HAM radio, neo1981 distracted all of us by taking out his
    brand new Samasung Galaxy Tab
    Well the Galaxy TAB might have been distratction for you but I did talk about the HAM radio afterwards, and did tell about shortwave radio communication the HAM radio operetors user. I did tell about the License needed for the HAM radio operations. I also told about the HAm radio devices and cheap electronic kits to construct HAM radio sets. But since it was pure Electronics and Radio communication, everybody didnt seem much interested in it. So I didnt take forward the subject. :-)
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Blog Entries
    so the fireball is burning again.....

neo, all i wanted to say is that you did not talk about the "plans"....
    ACCESS is GOD

As usual, awesome write-up by the_empty..Tempts me to join Garage Meet
    The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense. - Thomas A. Edison
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

@empty
    Well if it seemed fireball, my intention was not that :-)
    I was just explaining on my side :-)

P.S. I forgot to mention it is a great write up, as your other writeups on garage meets.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Blog Entries
    @the_empty:
    we are missing Neodymium Magnet thing here...

But still writeup in 36hours is appreciated....

Blog Entries
    @neo thank you for the appreciation and apologies for misinterpreting your previous post.

@41.w4r10r - Thank you for reminding me that one. I will compensate this with an entire article about neodymium.
    ACCESS is GOD

Great writeup hope soon i will join the meet and learn from u guys great G4H

Hire a Hacker by the Night and Hire a Chief Security Officer (CSO) by the Day.