Thread: BackTrack 5 R1 released Share/Save - My123World.Com!

BackTrack 5 R1 released

BackTrack guys have Released a Updated Version of BackTrack 5 with Lot of new Tools and Updates.for more Information check out the Below Link.

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/backt...5-r1-released/
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/downloads/

Name:  bt5-r1-backtrack.jpg
Views: 1836
Size:  15.5 KB

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hire a Hacker by the Night and Hire a Chief Security Officer (CSO) by the Day.

Network Security Administrator Hackuin's Avatar
    :P
    Just last week, I got a DVD of BT5, with my monthly L4U Magazine [ August 2011 Issue Vol. 9 No. 6 ], and today I saw, R1 released, however couple of months back I did gave try to BT5, BT5, was little pain in ma ass for few silly reasons, not really silly because, I sometimes depends on them, like for one example, BT5 does not include "whois" tool, where, I have plenty of shell scripts lying around on my office PC, which uses "whois" tool for my work. BT5 R1 included it, thanks BT-Team, and supporting my lazy ass, and it was really hard for me to install, as I already did setup my Ubuntu box with all all the BT tools, so I did not go for a install at that time for being lazy enough to type "apt-get install whois" lul, but for every tool which can come up pre-install, after all its the gurielling theme of BT isn't it, sometime I go crazy, and bit of pain still with Office not being pre-installed, as I do give seminar, and had to install Office for PPT presentations at the stage itself, because, at sometime, I need not allowed to bring my lappy :/

However, plenty of bugs recovered and good to go for a install this time, I could say. But, I still love my Ubuntu 11.04 which is good enough for my ventures/forensics :P

-Hackuin
    "Free software" is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of "free" as in "free speech," not as in "free beer."
    "Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the answer."
    "Ubuntu - Linux For Human Beings."

Currently reading books:
    Integrating Forensic Investigation Methodology into eDiscovery -- by Colin Chisholm.
    Digital Forensics with Open Source Toolss -- by Cory Altheide && Harlan Carvey.

Security Researcher
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackuin View Post
    :P
    I still love my Ubuntu 11.04 which is good enough for my ventures/forensics :P
    -Hackuin
    Keeping aside the kernel provided by backtrack folks, I don't find the motivation to install backtrack.. I rather prefer the wrong way of adding repositories to my ubuntu and keep it updated... that way i can have a good out of the box user experience and yet the power of BT. Takes time to setup first time though....

But then nothing comes for free if its worth something.

BTW i am still on LTS didn't found the motivation yet to make a shift....

Blog :

I love experimenting. I don't usually go long with one release.
    Most fluently fedora/Ubuntu, when ever new version is released, I go for complete install on my experimental notebook.
    The only LTS available on my machine is 9.10, haven't used it from past couple of months though...but, really stable one, once something goes wrong with my new releases...
    "Free software" is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of "free" as in "free speech," not as in "free beer."
    "Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the answer."

Currently reading books:
    Integrating Forensic Investigation Methodology into eDiscovery -- by Colin Chisholm.

Blog Entries
    I do agree with both of your view, 70% of the tools tht come preinstalled I don't even use in my day to day life and I don't find a reason why am having them. Kernal wise yes it's healthy. But I think it would be more satisfying if I could myself install and keep track of things on my laptop. Any way since am using it for a while am too lazy to switch to another distro too.
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Fore mostly, I don't see a point on re-inventing a wheel at-least not over here, BT has already thrown his hats to far in the business of pen testing, and some web testing framework like, Samurai. Still, good enough, My Ubuntu 11.04 Just need a black theme and its like BlackUbuntu with unity :P

Currently reading books: