Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about a CTF section? Share/Save - My123World.Com!

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar

How about a CTF section?

Hi Guys,

Shall we create a sub-forum to post about the CTF's?
    This would cover the details about the ctf and would also give the opportunity to discuss about the events etc.
    In past I have experienced the lack of communication when few guys could participate and few interested ones could not being not informed of the event.

Your feedbacks plz.

Rgds
    [*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN
    [*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious

Hi b0nd,

This is a good idea and I would like to actively participate in these discussions to exchange information and learn more.

Looking forward to it!

Regards,
    c0d3inj3cT

ya b0nd bro that is great idea..

will get to learn manything from it

Security Researcher
    Blog Entries
    I am in....

Please open it for all...

however we need to make one rule too....

CTF players need to put the writeup for all to read otherwise there is no point in making a section.

we all can provide information for one challenge.
    while challenge is on no one to disclose answers.
    however once challenge ends everyone collaborate and provide writeup of nuts of bolts of the puzzle.

this way we all learn something more every-time.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog Entries
    +1 to bond nd anant I was having the same taught.
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anant Shrivastava View Post
    I am in....

Please open it for all...

however we need to make one rule too....

CTF players need to put the writeup for all to read otherwise there is no point in making a section.

we all can provide information for one challenge.
    while challenge is on no one to disclose answers.
    however once challenge ends everyone collaborate and provide writeup of nuts of bolts of the puzzle.

this way we all learn something more every-time.
    I think we tried earlier and I guess the fuzz just dried down. The problem is that unless we specifically discuss answers of each step ( and I am not saying this because I want ready-made stuff) there won't be much interest in the threads. As to the writeups and announcements part we can do that in "misc" and "security news" threads respectively if we do not want to discuss more. So no point dedicating a separate sub-forum.

Also most of members are busy most of the time and only get a few hours to check forums in 2 or 3 days . They won't try the whole CTF if they knew they have to start from level 1. Maybe if they know the latest answer (or maybe some related hint), they can sneak in for a level or two and help others.

I think a sub-forum would be cool , but I have seen the real madness and awesome fun on forums when they decide to put up answers at each step. Total chaos, Total fun !!

Anyways, always game ! and I think IRC can also be used for co-ordination \m/
    Last edited by abhaythehero; 08-30-2011 at 12:41 AM. Reason: typo
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

Garage Member
    Blog Entries
    Great idea b0nd...I made a very similar post about forming teams to participate in CTF's and Wargames..Like abhay said, the fuzz died down..I hope this time it doesnt.. Also , we need the members to start practising too.. probably try STS or OvertheWire.. That would be a good way to learn (PS: STS ppl in IRC are damn helping!!) Also, i thought since some ppl at garage are much experienced in InfoSec, they might share some books/forums/articles they thought it was really innovative..Can this be made a separate topic?? Wanted ur opinion on it!!

What's the IRC channel name? What's the plan to move ahead with this idea?

I think we can kick start some threads by posting an exercise for everyone to solve. We can all post our solutions in detail and the more experienced staff can evaluate and point us in the right direction when we get stuck.

IMHO We can post the writeups for any CTF on the forums after the CTF is over.
    For the live CTF discussions IRC is better as it give real time communication between users, which would be great asset for the all members participating in CTF. As well as on IRC we can control easily members (create Private Channel etc.) who can see the info so if there is some imp. info from live CTF that can be avoided to be leaked on general public.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Hi
    This is a great idea bond
    +1 for anant
    it would be great if we can share the info when a CTF starts and the writeup as anant said