Thread: Book on Android Forensics Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Book on Android Forensics

Android Forensics by Andrew Hoog. Due to the nature of Android and the author's experience with it, this book has a lot of great content.

My only real concern with this book is that it might lack the focus required by a normal investigator. I'm sure many investigators simply want to know where to find key data (email, Web history, etc.) and then retrieve and analyze it in a forensically sound manner. It's the "so what" question that hangs over many forensics books. I would have liked a case study focusing on that sort of material to show how an investigator would make sense of the data and structures unearthed by the author throughout the book.

- Original Info by Richard Bejtlich
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Network Security Administrator Hackuin's Avatar
    I do love reading Andrew hoog, materials. Read his "IPhone & IOS forensics", pretty good, and actually, I love reading syngress materials of Forensics, the book, "Digital Forensics with Open source tools" actually made my plenty of days.
    "Free software" is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of "free" as in "free speech," not as in "free beer."
    "Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the answer."
    "Ubuntu - Linux For Human Beings."

Currently reading books:
    Integrating Forensic Investigation Methodology into eDiscovery -- by Colin Chisholm.
    Digital Forensics with Open Source Toolss -- by Cory Altheide && Harlan Carvey.

OWASP released owasp-goatdroida a fully functional training environment for exploring Android mobile application security. To get more information or download follow the below given link.

https://code.google.com/p/owasp-goatdroid/

Thanks,

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reverse Engineering Of Malware On Android >> http://t.co/PCon6Em6

Written by Vibha Manjunath , Published by SANS Reading Room.
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !