Thread: Mac address spoofing :: Win and linux Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Garage Newcomer
    Blog Entries

Mac address spoofing :: Win and linux

i was going thru some old videos archives at the well acclaimed infinityexists.com
    containing videos related to, probably videos are pretty old but still they are nice with the concepts, just like the old milw0rm collection,
    i kno what strikes the mind with that name, at one point of time, we hav al watched those milw0rm vidz even just fr d fun

thr was a video, in which they talkd bout bypassing hotspots access control system just by changing the MAC ADDRESS of the user system.

it just reminded me of something similar i went thru while helping a friend in china,
    basically thr university was using a a client software, that assgins ip address by checking mac add.

Name:  界面1.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  31.6 KB

so access to othr systems excpt the university regitrd laptop/pc ws restrcited, so we used the similar trick for of spoofing the mac address n voila it wrkd.
    so just for explaining that part created to vidz of tools n thr howtos for spoofing it on both win and a linux system.

tools used are :: win : macshift : link : Macshift: Change your MAC address: The definitive free command-line MAC changing utility for Windows XP
    linux : macchanger :: GNU Mac Changer | Alvaro's web site :: if u guys using backtrack or ne othr security distro i shud probably b thr in it.

so here r the vdos,

mac address spoofing linux

mac address spoofing windows

Addition:
    In Windows we can change Mac address without any tools also from the Network Properties.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Garage Newcomer
    Blog Entries
    same is with linux. we can do it with the famous ifconfig with 'hw ether' flags, point is that we get vendor specific mac address in thr inventory n also no fuss of thinking
    bout a new mac address, both f them gonna generate a new one fr u with ease.

it is possible that what we created might not be a mac address for d same device class,, one thing dat i forgt to mention, this may lead to suspicion for the admin while going thru the logs .
    device class/type was also restricted thr so its useful to get a mac add in the same class without much effort