Thread: C Subtleties! Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Garage Member
    Blog Entries

C Subtleties!

Check out C Subtleties! phr33dom . I have discussed some arcane concepts of C that every _good_ programmer in C should know to avoid security bugs.

Reference: TAOSSA

Blog Entries
    Hai good job man, can u share one copy of the articles in the forum as well, we might need it for the monthly magazine.
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Hey dude , indeed article .. Do you have Dangling pointer exploitation examples
    Garage4Hackers bugs for the community , of the community

We provide IT
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    |

|
    |

Garage Member
    Unkn0wn City,Unkn0wn State,Unkn0wn Country,Unkn0wn Continent,PLanet Eart,Milkyway Galaxy,Virgo Super
    nice article.......kudos to you for

Garage Member
    Blog Entries
    @fb1h2s: Thanks bro..
    @[s] : I don't have dangling exploitation samples, i guess it will be dependent on a lot of parameters, one place where dangling pointer occurs often is in C++, when a member variable is dynamically allocated and then you are copying the object to another object of the same class. By default, c++ performs shallow copy,so there is a high probability that a dangling pointer issue might occur here. Remediation is to implement your own copy constructor and also the override the '=' operator when you have a class member variable whose memory is dynamically allocated.

@H@CK3R_ADI : Thanks , try solving the 2 sample programs I have given in my blog.