Thread: The 10 best IT Certifications-2010 Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Blog Entries

Post The 10 best IT Certifications-2010

Here is a list of the 10 accreditations with the greatest potential for technology support professionals, administrators, and managers seeking employment within consulting firms or small and midsize organizations.

http://rapidshare.com/files/41404585...best_certs.pdf

I dont believe much in Certifications, if its absolutely required to get certified, I would prefer vender neutral ones. Microsoft will never top in my list as its case here. My perspective is for security only, for systems etc you cant go vender neutral, you need to be expert in systems you manage.

Blog Entries
    Fully agree with u

Clients wants Certifications :)

I agree these certifications do not show knowledge of person. But when it comes to clients of Infosec , they do want CISA, CISSP certified ppl on their project. Some fools wants CISA ppl on team which is doing VA PT.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar
    Yeah, agree to all of you. Certs are like teeth of elephant, different set for show off and a different set to chew. The "show off" stuff is some what justifiable as well from HR and recruiters point of view. Else how would they filter out the CV's on job portals without using filter like "CEH", "LPT", "CISA", "CISSP" etc.
    At the same point, making professional contacts help a lot (Free advice for freshers )
    [*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN[*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious

Good Evening guys this is my first post in here. I was going through the Forum and it was freaking awesome. Fanks for helping ppl like me to everything there can be.

Adios.

P.S. The link is no longer working.

Network Security Administrator Hackuin's Avatar
    About 15 years of IT field experience. I would have answered it million times.
    Actually, plenty of people who have not much experience always makes a image in there head regarding certifications concerns. I strong dis-agree with the few point made above,

Neo quote:
    I agree these certifications do not show knowledge of person.
    Have you ever met with CCIE certified person?
    I met around, 7 CCIE certified persons, I dare not to say this, all of them are really hard-core networking experts I have ever seen. There skills are beyond doubt.

Passing certification like, CCIE, OSCP, VCP, RHCE/T isn't that easy, they require really good skills of a person, they really do test the ability of a student possessing these certs. These certs isn't easy to acquire. The Annapolis of MicroSoft Certifications, it is not like its not good one or something, Its usually valuable, production support its mandatory to have MicroSoft certification.

The basic concept which people forget about certification is like getting a degree. How many student pass-out every year from, let say engineering colleges? In those, how many have good skills in the concepts?, how many have cheated to pass?, how many have worked sincerely hard to pass? how many get the job? how many get over provision periods? Same thing here, you go either work hard or go with non-sense things, and get certified, it again starts with why you have choose that cert, market dominances? then you go look-out for jobs, I am not talking about any specific cert here, I strongly believe "There is no studies exist, which is actually waste", Clear idea is, filtrations, consider a person, having hardcore skills at say Networking, he saw a job opening and it clearly specified, CCNA mandatory? do you qualify for it? No, you cannot make through the interview because you would be filtered out. Let say a person who have no knowledge, but a certification, he will not make long terms in the organization, either he will fail to make through interview, or fail to get through provision period. I have seen odds 2:10, people with no knowledge but have certification and qualify for interview and make through interview and make through provision period and its because, these very few people understand there situation and learn in the provision period very well and work hard in those, but this scenario is very rare.

Moral is very simple, for being at safer end, "BE CERTIFIED", and, no matter, what certification you are upto. Get it through by working really hard over it, with full understanding.

Hope it helps.

-Hackuin

Blog Entries
    I have always been confused about certifications actually. I have never been able to choose one side. Weather to be certified and get "filtered in" or just work hard, gain knowledge and prove the caliber. So far I am not certified but my employers are riding my ass to get couple of those "Wanted" certifications. However I have been lucky enough to have the same employers give me all the hikes and other satisfactory things from my job and company depending upon my skills.

It seems not only my brain but my fate is also confused about certificates..... :P
    ACCESS is GOD

@AnArKI , RS File Deleted

yup file deleted...............................
    please upload new link...