Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Python

7 63.64%
  • Perl

0 0%
  • Both

4 36.36%

Thread: Python vs. Perl Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Garage Member
    Unkn0wn City,Unkn0wn State,Unkn0wn Country,Unkn0wn Continent,PLanet Eart,Milkyway Galaxy,Virgo Super

Python vs. Perl

Hello to all Garagians........as title says this is a poll on Python vs. perl please give one reason why u like that language.

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by H@CK3R_ADI View Post
    Hello to all Garagians........as title says this is a poll on Python vs. perl please give one reason why u like that language.
    I don't know whether you are early in your career or an experienced ninja. But one advice which I would like to give all of you is don't dive into fan-boyism. Often, it is useless and no one really cares in the bigger scenario.

So python, perl,ruby,java etc .. they have their own positives and negatives. No use would come pointing out which one is good or which one you like.Because, the scenario is different in each situation and you have to use different options and get out of your comfort zone.
    Same for people drooling over Linux Vs Windows.

A true hacker/cyber-security-expert doesn't care what scenario/platform/language he has to use. He just finds the shortest and easiest path in each scenario.Hacks.And walk away with the girl ... oops... money (whatever ) !!
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

Garage Member
    Unkn0wn City,Unkn0wn State,Unkn0wn Country,Unkn0wn Continent,PLanet Eart,Milkyway Galaxy,Virgo Super
    I used many years ago and now I forget it only remembered few operator...etc like diamond operator,etc.... now I want to learn python do u have any good tut on python and metsploit earlier used to write them in Perl or C or hardly asm

Security Researcher
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abhaythehero View Post
    I don't know whether you are early in your career or an experienced ninja. But one advice which I would like to give all of you is don't dive into fan-boyism. Often, it is useless and no one really cares in the bigger scenario.
    A true hacker/cyber-security-expert doesn't care what scenario/platform/language he has to use. He just finds the shortest and easiest path in each scenario.Hacks.And walk away with the girl ... oops... money (whatever ) !!
    +1 on Fanboyism
    Been there done that.

And just like abhay said this field requires you to be master of one but jack of all so you have one as your best but you can still work with what ever is thrown in front of you.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Garage Member
    I agree with both of you and now I'm learning python it is very easy.............

Python is powerful than Perl, and it is easy for peaple who's not familiar with programming language

perl for Text , socket processing (i.e. Exploiting,backdoor,...) and shell
    python for fuzzing and combine low level programming with scripting

both of them is usefull....

While they can do pretty much the same things and both have excellent third party libraries, I would definitely recommend python over perl, especially for beginners.
    Last edited by keirawatson; 10-19-2012 at 12:20 PM.

|