Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Again About Ankit Fadia... Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Yeah fartia again !! Big cheat ..spoiling the info-sec industry..
    The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense. - Thomas A. Edison
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Angry Well After all these discussion no one wants to do something

Again what I said in first post. We just wanna talk and talk and do nothing about this fker fartiya. We had started a seperate thread also about doing something about this. But nobody expect the_empty responded in that. So guys like fartiya would be there for always since guys like us dont do anything.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Security Researcher
    Blog Entries
    just one point .... If we do something say may be he start getting bad publicity... however you have to understand one thing...

1) he is a businessman and he knows how to handle general junta.

2) publicity good or bad will help him.

So all i will say is leave him alone and lets focus energies on much important topics.

Well just leaving him alone doesnt solves the things.
    After lots of discussions what I have come to think is, a constructive way would be going ourselves high profile. Do good work in infosec ourselves. Also one important point would be doing some things which will make us recognized faces in public and not just in infosec circle. (For Ex. We can give some seminars in colleges about infosec and hacker attacks etc)

One we have some good reputation we can provide press the correct information, and give some knowledge so that they dont fall for the bullshit like Fadia.

I am thinking of making local teams of Garage members to do such activities in Schools and Colleges.
    What you guys think of this idea ?
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Blog Entries
    Neo +10000000. Even empty, me, and all had the same idea. I think there is no harm in spending a weekday for these stuffs. Now that we have a banner, I don't find it a difficult stuff . And that would be a better bay of doing things .
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

This is a good sign from u guys u should nt wait start the seminars in colleges

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hire a Hacker by the Night and Hire a Chief Security Officer (CSO) by the Day.

bond would be setting up a thread to get input from regular members. Then we can arrange how we can go forward with this.
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    One we have some good reputation we can provide press the correct information, and give some knowledge so that they dont fall for the bullshit like Fadia.

I am thinking of making local teams of Garage members to do such activities in Schools and Colleges.
    Now we have struck the root cause !

Let me elaborate a little ...

The concept called "fadism" is not entirely his own design. There are involuntary supporters too. Why ? curse that on the weak Indian education. And then to the whole Indian fanboyism which thinks Computer science is a piece of cake. Just because they get that stupid pirated copy of softwares ; which would have made them throw their machines had they paid their original prices.

Suppose we take fadia's audiences who are actually undergoing technical education , e.g. B.Tech in computer science. Any such person who would have received good quality education and little bit of IQ would have straightaway pointed that fadia is a joker.But that does'nt happen. Because there are worse people than fadia.These are the colleges who take exorbitant amount of fees and will not even show you even that much practicality as fadia will do. ( well we can atleast credit him for showing keyloggers coded by others )
    The Indian technical education .. tut tut ... piece of shit. You fill sheets in ink and don't have any "real practical gyan ". School level,undergrad level ...

Now that is what type of audiences fadia gets to harvest ( atleast upto 50%).
    Yeah ! They will clap and hoot if you show them a rat which pops a cd- rom.And they will ask for that software and feel satisfied. They will in turn tell 10 others .. '"ohh what an awesome seminar was ! "
    But if you even show them a live shell on NASA server ... "pheww .. so what .." "what can commands do" .. "this terminal looks ugly"

So what's the solution. Exactly the point made earlier. No need to go after fadia defacing him in public.You will make 1 fadia go.Another will come and exploit the scene...
    Garage do what it does best.Imparting the beacon light of "real" knowledge !

Thumbs up to the idea
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    Well just leaving him alone doesnt solves the things.
    After lots of discussions what I have come to think is, a constructive way would be going ourselves high profile. Do good work in infosec ourselves. Also one important point would be doing some things which will make us recognized faces in public and not just in infosec circle. (For Ex. We can give some seminars in colleges about infosec and hacker attacks etc)

+10000
    I agree with you buddy..... and would love to support in it tooo..... I have some experience in teaching also... used to teach Linux administration and took seminar's on opensource and web 2.0 during my college days....

My only concern was we always try to target that person, however you have hit the right point focus on increasing our own strength and slowly he will fade in the background. (along with him lot more of cool sounding good for nothing dude's)

Note : anant shrivastava and anantshri are one and the same person.. two accounts coz one authentication does'nt work in my office other does.

Blog Entries
    Well abhay you are pretty right on your views, any way what garage is trying to and what we will try to do would be spread and share the knowledge in our own style . We are not planning to attract a bunch of Kiddies who just want to see a mail id getting hacked or a running RAT. But if we could at-least get 1 guy who has got real interest in this field we would be a lot satisfied from the seminars.
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience