Thread: I need guide for Fuzzing Share/Save - My123World.Com!

I need guide for Fuzzing

Does anyone have reliable guide for Fuzzing Windows network application written in Visual C++? If you have please share.

Thanks!
    You got that ugly pointer in your program? Then you are fit to visit
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog Entries
    i never found a specific guide for fuzzing windows network application specifically written in VC++.

for fuzzing what normally we do is.
    under stand application
    find the entry points (Input Points)
    Check the Data format for inputing
    write fuzzer in any language of your choice to manipulate the input data and provide it to the application if application is not validating input data properly you will get crash then further analysis starts from there.

but prior to fuzzing any application good understanding of that application is required else it will be something like aiming to target in dark without knowing the target location.

Sadly, I haven't the time to write code for a VC++ app for a demo. However, I did recently post this:

Exploit Development Series - Part 3 (Fuzzing)

The link above is a video tutorial I made on fuzzing a C app on linux with python. I made that video specifically for people that don't know alot about fuzzing. I give a lot of good information that can easily be applied to a windows environment if you have the drive to take that challenge upon yourself. Check it out! If you have any questions feel free to ask!
    Last edited by abhaythehero; 01-25-2013 at 03:31 PM.
    while( !(succeed = try() ) );