Thread: How to find if an IP is alive Share/Save - My123World.Com!

How to find if an IP is alive

Hello Guys..I was little bit confused..TO know if an ip is alive i usually use to do ping..but what if that ip is blocking ping requests..Yes we can try telnet,ftp to chk that...whats more...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Network Security Administrator Hackuin's Avatar
    Nmap is your friend.

And, BTW, IP's don't block ping, filtering devices/softwares does. :b
    "Free software" is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of "free" as in "free speech," not as in "free beer."
    "Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the answer."
    "Ubuntu - Linux For Human Beings."

Currently reading books:
    Integrating Forensic Investigation Methodology into eDiscovery -- by Colin Chisholm.
    Digital Forensics with Open Source Toolss -- by Cory Altheide && Harlan Carvey.

thnx...dats y i posted this in noob section..

I have not failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work.