Thread: Done with C|EH, What next? Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Garage Newcomer

Lightbulb Done with C|EH, What next?

Hey guys,

I recently completed my CEH certification. I was wondering How to approach Infosec domain? Should i go with CCNA as i dont have that certification(but i know few things in networking, i was college topper in Networking papers in my engineering and i am currently working as Telecom Engineer). Or should i go with IS027001 Certification. As many companies are looking for combo or CEH + IS027001.

Pls enlighten me

regards
    D3x
    "In order to change the world all you need to do is Tweak the Source Code"

Things to do : Make a Difference (M.A.D)

Well for a fresher CEH should be enough. If you have CEH and good knowledge of networking you can get hired as fresher into infosec.

IMO ISO27001 should be done later after some experience in your career.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Garage Newcomer
    Oh well fair enough.

Some of the companies here requires Certification. I guess i will go for CCNA and lets hope for the best

cheers
    "In order to change the world all you need to do is Tweak the Source Code"

Things to do : Make a Difference (M.A.D)

CEH is kind of technical and ISO27001 is related to auditing which involves more of procedural aspects. Though it is good to have, I would suggest you to first advance your career into core technical domain. Like now you have done CEH, you can go for ECSA/LPT. If you can afford go for SANS GPEN, its costly but certification from SANS usually has good industry recognition. Also Pentesting with Backtrack certification from offensive security is really nice one. It tests your practical ability to penetrate into the target. Also certifications from COMPTIA can help as well, like Network+ and Security+.. they are widely accepted and are vendor neutral. So think from a long term career perspective and then choose your path.