Thread: Creating Broadcast storms to take down a switched Network? Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Creating Broadcast storms to take down a switched Network?

I am willing to Take down a LAN Network with Broadcast storms,
    Before that here is the topology of our overall Network

Please have a look at the following image which will represent The network set-up i am talking,

Code:
    http://i54.tinypic.com/a32fzn.png
    (As the image is large ,I am placing this in code instead of [IMG] tags)

And here is the Information about our LAN

Total sub-nets-4

clients-90% of them running windows xp-sp2 and rest running windows 7 and vista.

Servers-each sub-net has a DC i.e server,they are running windows 2003 OS.

Main-server-i.e the 1 that is providing internet access to rest of the clients and other servers in sub-net 1,2,3,4 running red-hat linux.

And switches used in our networks are un-managed one and our network does not have any kind of NIDS,HIDS,NIPS,HIPS or any kind of Network security set-up,..

Traffic or accessing pc's across sub-nets is allowed by the Domain controller,

And LAN or Ethernet speed in a single sub-net is 100 mbps
    I am having access in one of the pc's in sub-net 1 and i have privilege to install Applications and i am willing to create some kind of Broad-cast storms to bring down All the sub-nets,I don't know how much traffic i need to generate to take down this network,Also i am not sure about the right protocol's and exact Attacking vector to choose ,I heard about ARP broad-cast storms,but i am not sure about
    generating ARP broad-cast across sub-net's ,Also i am not sure about the switch type,because it is kind of OLD and it is a un-managed one with no-IP Address for it..

So looking for some ideas and help,hope i will find some help...
    Last edited by b0nd; 12-23-2010 at 07:57 PM. Reason: don't brace "code" too much, instead use "quotes"

Blog Entries
    By taking down the network you mean no one can access internet or something else ??
    Spirit was turned 2 ashes ,soul endured so much pain..
    now the darker time evanescence ,the fallen shall rise again.

Blog Entries
    You Committing a crime is not an Issues , but asking help for committing a crime is an issues, hope you are not asking us to do that, coz I don't think senior members will agree to let that happen. "Correct me if am wrong about this policy brothers ".

Well about your doubt :

i am willing to create some kind of Broad-cast storms to bring down All the sub-nets,I don't know how much traffic i need to generate to take down this network
    Well I don't think I should answer that

Also I am not sure about the right protocol's and exact Attacking vector to choose
    Well simple ARP flooding: Just ARP protocol is in use, attacker could launch attack in a switched network sending huge ARP request to Switch or to client IPs. Causing both switches and Computers to be Dosed.
    Switches get huge amount of ARP request and hangs in passing them on.
    " well attacks depends on capability of the switch using I guess, "I haven't tried these, just got theoretical knowledge"
    Computers it depend on that particular computers ARP responding capability and how much CPU gets utilized etc etc. This kind of attacks were coded into code red and many other worms.
    " how to implement on such attack"
    This could be done using Python/Scappy very powerfull and easy to use tool.
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Cannot understand, why anyone in this world would try to diffuse the smell of suspicion if one achieves precious machine takeover.
    Hackers try their best to keep the machine access for prolonged times and stealthy.
    Such an activity might render u as a skiddy, even if u achieved the above mentioned access to a system with sophisticated hacks..."vinnu"