Thread: Stuxnet worm making its way into India quietly Share/Save - My123World.Com!

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar

Stuxnet worm making its way into India quietly

Source

KOLKATA: If you thought it is only your personal comps and servers that can be hacked, just reboot again. A sophisticated bug-free virus is stealthily making its way into critical Indian industrial installations.

Stuxnet is a Windows-specific computer worm, first discovered in July 2010 by VirusBlokAda , a security firm based in Belarus, which has already affected more than 10,000 Indian systems, across power units and petrochemical plants, says leading internet security firm Symantec.

While it is not the first time that hackers have targeted industrial systems, it is the first discovered worm that spies on and reprograms industrial systems, and the first to include a programmable logic controller rootkit.

What's crucial is that having affected the controls, the virus can transfer the effective command of these installations to a remote location, mostly overseas. Simply said, Stuxnet can shut down or transfer control of any installation as long as it has an intelligent electronic control systems.

[*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN
    [*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious

A lot has been published about it like the DOSSIER series and POC code was also demonstrated 2 months back. must say that security of the SCADA system is a serious concern now. I had imagined the same after seeing die hard 4.0.

Blog Entries
    Well this now seems a serious concern for India...
    Spirit was turned 2 ashes ,soul endured so much pain..
    now the darker time evanescence ,the fallen shall rise again.

current stats

more than 8000 systems are already infected with it

I think its it has already compromised thousands of systems way back...but it has been identified now by researcher, its a serious concern for our country.
    Last edited by ajaysinghnegi; 12-24-2010 at 08:32 PM.