Thread: pentesting an ISP infra. Share/Save - My123World.Com!

pentesting an ISP infra.

Hello everybody.
    if you are in a ISP network, and wants to perform a pentesting operation what is your steps?
    you have assets like : DSLAMs, bras, ibs , cache , too maney routers, DNS and something like this.
    thanks

first you have to split the whole isp services from beginning to the end , not just test the netowrk !

1-networks [ routers with all services and all attack modes, like bruteforce , any public/private exploit or DOS/DDOS Attack , quality of network and bandwidth , sometimes caches and high availabilities of servers and etc ]
    2-users panel [ sometimes users have a panel [web base] to manage /recharge and monitoring of network usage and etc which you have to pentest against any attacks and take care of user info won't to be leak ]
    3-users limitation [ access of users to others users (ex: if they have valid ip and what if other user grab other user password and want to use hacked account and control mac filtering and etc ) and block icmp tunneling and etc ]
    4-admin panels and services [ pentest admin panel and secure there ex: some isp use ibsng and ... to control users and it have some vuln , it could be web base panel or anything on any operation system , so you have to analysis all you have and then start for pentest] and by the way usually isp have site and it might be secure too

all services i told you have much sub-services/os/ and way to attack , as i said again , in first step you have to see what's all of you have there , and then pentest all of them step by step

thanks really! so much
    after this, is there any threat around routing protocols and any tunnels between PAP centers which placed in telecoms?
    these are so big in scale & complex.
    assume, you are sit in ISP and can have access to all edge/core switch router, is yersinia good?