Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cyber Cells of India Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Angry

@Hackuin

Well if you say CyberCrime cell caught these nigerians could you give some link to press coverege which CyberCrime cell did this and when ?
    And explain if it was a Police Officers who write the RAT or trace Nigerians ? or it was some outside consultant who did this for them.

Well by Real Cyber crime I meant , they are showing cases to please their officers, if Mr. Ankit Fadia is helping them (to be precise Mumbai Cyber Cell) solving cyber crime I dont think, they are doing any good as we all know what kinda capabilities this Bullshit fadia has.
    I can understand you have strong feeling about CC because you are working for one.
    But I dont think you are thinking throughly when you say "dumb assumptions" as your own assumptions can be described as same. Dont just talk about one CC which you are working, I am talking about overall technical strenght of the Cyber Crime Departments in country.

I think you missing the point that I am saying police officers in CC dont have the capabilities. I never said other consultants or freelancers dont have knowledge. All you are talking what you have done. Are you a Police yourself then your claims make a point that CC are having knowledge and capabilities.

Just you (or any other outside ppl) working one some cases for a CC doesnt make the Police in CC technically sound does it ??

I didnt said I have worked with CC, I have worked with a Central Agency, I have got contacts (at ACP level in Police) who themselve told me about Ankit Fadia helping Cyber Cells out.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Network Security Administrator Hackuin's Avatar
    Foremostly, I don't need to prove my ass to you. however, one of them is here..,
    Case, However, no technical details were mentioned over there, neight it will on anyof the press notes.
    I guess, you did not understand my point. The RAT was written by a Police Officer[who is a very good programmer as-well,] Myself too was astonguished with the computer skills he possess.

I understood your point, but you cannot solely blame CCPS for that.
    Ankit, I can understand where you are going, I don't give a shit to him, we know what he is, but, just because some CC uses him, you go point all CC as useless, not makes much sense to me. I agree with the point, all CC people have no much technical people, but still they do have some good skilled people as well.

There is no point in proving your contacts to me. I have done 'X' you did 'Y' and some other person did 'Z', it not going to end.

The fact being is that, cyber police too getting tecnical[CC point of view/IT Security] education, in there respective cyber labs. It does need little time for them, to learn. You/me/all are not born IT experts.

_Hackuin

Well first of All I am not trying to prove my contacts... I told the source so as to remove your assumption that I am taking this point out of AIR.

The RAT was written by a Police Officer
    In thats case its a good start that police department is having a person who can develope some code of his own.

You/me/all are not born IT experts.
    Offcourse we are not but we have the will to learn things which is not a common police's attitude.
    Well if they get good trainings to do their job its well and good.
    But I think we both aggree that current senario is not satisfactory.
    On that note I would stop writing in this thread.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Blog Entries
    Guys cool down.......I am not much qualified to comment on the skills or knowledge of CC,but I can understand the points Neo is trying to make...
    Some yrs back I had the chance to work with senior officers/policymakers of prestigious govt organisation which handles Information Security as an offensive and defensive....organization X......back then ppl were very ignorant and lacked skills/knowledge.Neo too had the same experience....

Now its very encouraging to know through Hackuin that Govt agencies are evolving with inherent skills......lets give time and things will turn around for the gud, am sure there are good people everywhere its just that they dont get the power and support to do things.

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A different perspective ..

I read this thread post long ago.. Maybe now I have got some experiences hence am replying. But may be wrong and would realize after some years ...

Anyways, people viewing this thread should consider this also.

Working of Cyber Cells is out of our hands. Seriously what do you expect from Cyber Cells when the whole system works that way. It isn't like we get efficient legal system in normal cases not involving cyber cells.

So what is the point of this post ?

Let me tell you 2 very interesting stories ..

1). Back in my town (a small one), they don't have any such thing as Cyber Cell. Just plain police station.This friend of mine was duped while using online banking and after some days he realized that this bank account was compromised, money being taken out of it.
    So this friend of mine decided to approach the local police. The local police had no clue whatsoever and they stated blank that they are incapable of any such reactive measure to solve the case.Won't even register a FIR.
    B/w I gave this link to my friend about cyber cells of various areas. He showed that to the local police and told them that they can forward request to them. After 3 months of efforts, finally the DIG of area directed the police station to take necessary measures and allow the friend to lodge an FIR.
    The case hasn't been solved yet and the money is still not retrieved. The concerned person is still pursuing the investigation though...

2) Recently, the police of my town made an official Facebook account (something on lines of Delhi Police) to help connect with citizens and solve their problems more efficiently.
    We laughed our hearts out. How can that local police that performs dismally in real life cases, solve problems online. We assumed that their Facebook stint would be up to no good too.
    A few days back a guy was duped in an ATM vestibule by the ATM skimming attack. (yes India is shining ). The local police didn't agree to lodge and FIR as expected.
    The guy gave a try on their Facebook account and communicated his problem in detail. That was the 1st FIR lodged locally using Facebook.

Hmm ..so what is the point still ?

The point is that just because things are the way they are, why we should not try to challenge that ? Even if they are lazy, inefficient, etc etc , in my opinion one should 1st approach the cyber cell and put pressure on them. Maybe they will try to rectify things when they face pressure on cyber security problems over the period of time.
    Who knows their might be good and efficient people in the system who might be waiting to give their services.

People here are clueless when it comes to going to police for cyber-bullying , cyber stalking, cyber-blackmailing, phishing etc.. If they don't go to administration with their problems thinking them to be useless , then the administration will never move so much an inch to setup more efficient cyber-cells.

It is always "of the people, for the people, by the people"
    Last edited by abhaythehero; 10-29-2011 at 12:47 AM. Reason: typo
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

Network Security Administrator Hackuin's Avatar
    Cyber crimes are making amends these days.

Every-day at least 4-5 cyber crime complaints are produced, but, before registering a FIR/Case, an initial enquiry is usually set-up.
    When you start complaining, you need to understand, few things over here.

You don't get high-profile cyber crime cases every-days, its actually mixed. Few are dumb and few are very creative. But, the question is, how many? a single Cyber Cell cannot start looking, all the cases at a single time.

In your first case, complainant need to understand the equities of department first, If you go to a "Goat Meat Shop" and ask him, "Chicken", What can he do? Either he/she will show you correct path to goto the appropriate shop, or neglect you. Other thing, if you have given this link to your friend, why didn't he approached to those location? instead of going back to local PS and asking them to forward? Its like, asking a "goat Meat shop" person to take the money and send/get the chicken from the chicken shop. There are plenty of peoples cases which are resolved, who came down to Hyderabad, from around, 200/300 KM for just for lodging a complain. In every case it isn't necessary money to be retrieved, consider Nigerian cases, when these stupid people, who have no common sense, and pay large amounts to Nigerians, my first question to these idiot who come down for registering a complaint is "Did you buyed an lottery? Obviously he says "NO", then the other question of mine is, what made you think you won lottery ticket, when you didn't even buyed one?, He goes "BLANK", even that, they instantly start utilizing it, even when got arrested, there is no option to retrieve amount because, he already used that money for his/her fantasies, the only thing can be done is to put him/her behind bars.

I honestly dis-like the idea of online complaints, we must need a physical interaction with the victim to completely understand the issue. Even that, we need a letter of Complaint in her/his own handwriting to the concern Department official with a sign to register a FIR, isn't it make common sense?

The point of this post:
    > To get to the right place first.
    > If your case isn't resolved that isn't mean, cyber cell is useless or something, because, I have seen, hundred of cases resolved.
    Last edited by Hackuin; 10-29-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    "Free software" is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of "free" as in "free speech," not as in "free beer."
    "Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the answer."
    "Ubuntu - Linux For Human Beings."

Currently reading books:
    Integrating Forensic Investigation Methodology into eDiscovery -- by Colin Chisholm.
    Digital Forensics with Open Source Toolss -- by Cory Altheide && Harlan Carvey.

Experiences, improvements is what life teaches you. And if we imagine to change CC's working in one night , then its impossible. A police-officer writing his own RAT and solving the case is a signal that we have capable peoples present in our so called "system". Also I totally agree with Hackuin sir that people need to use their mind too.You don't even purchased a lottery ticket ever, so how can you imagine of getting a prize money of 1 million pounds! Instead of just blaming CC's and just pointing out weakness, users should be vigilant themselves. Plus its sad to hear that some CC's (like Mumbai) still depend on Fartia shit!

All in all, things will change gradually. I agree with everyone's view (Neo sir, Hackuin sir, Abhay bro).
    The three great essentials to achieve anything worth while are: Hard work, Stick-to-itiveness, and Common sense. - Thomas A. Edison
    __________________________________________________ _____________________

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Cyber Cell, Madhya Pradesh

For Cyber crime related complaint within the jurisdiction of State of Madhya Padesh contact
    State CYBER POLICE,
    Police Radio Headquarters, Bhadbhada Road, Bhopal (M.P.)
    0755 2770248
    email : mpcyberpolice@gmail.com
    Site : Cyber Cell Police Headquarter-Madhya Pradesh Police

-----------------------------------------------------------

PS: Was astonished to read some of the case studies on their website Cyber Cell Police Headquarter-Madhya Pradesh Police I didn't anticipate cyber criminals are becoming so much sophisticated. And Nigerians are coming down all the way to New Delhi,India to set up their online rackets
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

hummm..i dont think so.. few month ago someone hacked mumbaicybercell website..what is thire security level...u can guess from that..