Thread: STB - IPTV hacking , network problem Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Lightbulb STB - IPTV hacking , network problem

Hi All,

I'am trying to sniff the traffic of set top box which is connected to local 5 port netgear switch,
    all i can see is udp streams and ssdp requests and that too from different ip address which is not reachable if i try to ping / nmap.
    Set top box ip address is like 192.168.x.x and from that i can only see ssdp requests and none other evident traffic like
    authentication/any other port -ip connection /protocols etc.
    so the question arises here is , am i doing it right ? or i need to do something like port forwarding or port mirroring ?
    i won't be able to do such thing i think because the switch doesn't have any such interface of changing configurations i guess.
    any suggestions or advice will be very helpful.

thanks !

Garage Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by reborn View Post
    Hi All,

I'am trying to sniff the traffic of set top box which is connected to local 5 port netgear switch,
    all i can see is udp streams and ssdp requests and that too from different ip address which is not reachable if i try to ping / nmap.
    Set top box ip address is like 192.168.x.x and from that i can only see ssdp requests and none other evident traffic like
    authentication/any other port -ip connection /protocols etc.
    so the question arises here is , am i doing it right ? or i need to do something like port forwarding or port mirroring ?
    i won't be able to do such thing i think because the switch doesn't have any such interface of changing configurations i guess.
    any suggestions or advice will be very helpful.

thanks !
    Hi,

IPTV streams are sent via multicast group to the STB, but it is almost certain that the streams are encrypted with the possible exception of local broadcast channels.
    You’ll usually find needed information here, such as Destination IP (DST), Port (DST Port) and Protocol, User Datagram Protocol (a.k.a UDP) to multicast IP addresses range from 224.0.0.0 and 224.0.0.255.