Thread: Need advice on SSH protocol Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Need advice on SSH protocol

I have a question about the security in cloud storage. I work for a software development startup and we are using cloud services for the database. Recently, it came to our mind that, we should be securing the cloud accounts fool proof.

I am not very familiar with the cloud technology and the person who takes after it is on vacation, so I would like to know what measures should be taken from the client side to protect our cloud database. I read about SSH key pair (secure shell protocol) in key management techniques from the article https://nci.ca/preventing-key-manage...loud-security/ I didn't understand what it is actually for. It would be of great help if anyone here can brief how it works and how I can enable it.

Any other tips on how to secure the cloud system will also be much appreciated. Please share your suggestions and advice.

Thanks!

Garage Member
    Blog Entries
    Hi Darwinblaine,

Since there are lots of things, I will try to cover a whatever I can think of right now. Here are some of the things that you can do to secure you SSH:

It would also help if all of the services on your server are configured properly, patched and on latest version. Also make your server is patched, as to not allow local privesc. I would suggest you only run the services that you need.

These are some of the things that I could think of. I am sure others can contribute much more.

Cheers,
    c0dist.
    Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who
    keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
    - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by c0dist View Post
    Hi Darwinblaine,

Since there are lots of things, I will try to cover a whatever I can think of right now. Here are some of the things that you can do to secure you SSH:

It would also help if all of the services on your server are configured properly, patched and on latest version. Also make your server is patched, as to not allow local privesc. I would suggest you only run the services that you need.

These are some of the things that I could think of. I am sure others can contribute much more.

Cheers,
    c0dist.
    Thanks for giving me the detailed picture of what I should do.