Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To: Jobs for freshers in IT Security Share/Save - My123World.Com!

How To: Jobs for freshers in IT Security

Mostly the all member of G4h are working in the various big companies. we must proud on them . They are doing awesome JOB in ITSec field but one question raise in my mind , Jr G4h member are new to INfoSec Job like they are just passing out there degree and interested to do job in the It Sec . I thing Senior member should give direction to jr member .. How they can join the Info Sec wolrd .. This will be very useful for Jr Members

So please post reply !

Blog Entries
    At [s]
    I thing Senior member should give direction to jr member .. How they can join the Info Sec wolrd .. This will be very useful for Jr Members
    Well most of garage JR members including me, got a Job in Info security because of the good direction of our seniors only .
    How they can join the Info Sec wolrd
    Well how, about that , you just need to do your home work rest will come to you , and Grage for the last 3 years was very keen in finding Jobs for passionate members.
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Yes Bro , me also waiting for a good JoB In IT Sec .. Needed valuable direction of Senior members I saw one thread on Carrier that was very use full for me .. in my have one idea, we will come up in 1 unit to make new IT sec Firm .. i know needed a lot of hard work , a lot patience ! i seen some people who are not actually in the Sec Field but they are rocking without knowledge of Sec Field , then why we are giving a start or why we are not taking a chance... i m dam sure if g4h members come in one unit to work .. it will rock no one catch G4h company I don't know internal thing may ADMIN have some plans :d for a own company ... I thing we have huge market ...:P

Blog Entries
    @[s]: Do you know wht is "H2S" in "FB1H2S" Handle???

H2S= Hack 2 Secure thats gonna be Company name of our own FB1 but for that i think we need to wait 5-6years...

God may make your all dreams come true and we get good partnership in Garage Company :P

Blog Entries
    Gud everybody is thinking towards it

Its in everybody's mind,however being an entreprenuer is not all about security knowledge.....its about experience in the field,client management,understanding the market,compeitive delivery techniques,investment etc....

We all need to gain min of 5 yrs xperience before we jump into our own ventures ;-)

Blog Entries
    ^^^^ yep learn to walk before we run @w4rior ya 5-6 years or may be more

Btw wht happen to ajay ?? havn't seen him around for a couple of days

yep learn to walk before we run
    your correct man ! what i m says that people who are not in security they are giving a good services with crap knowledge , why are not giving a start(PS: i know we given start by learning concepts) ..we can give Start by giving online good services like online AV scanning ( non Distribution ) services . Our own IDS/IPS web-application based , Automatic Discovery of Malware Signature ..this can our start .. (PS: I don't thing member in g4h who don't know how to work on this stuff if not Beginner will get chance to learn new tech Era. ) in coming year we can have our own employee this is my thinking ..

Blog Entries
    ^^ nice plans we will work together we will work on it no issues

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar

One of the secrets behind getting a job in Sec - for freshers

Freshers, try to understand the following scenario:

Most of the jobs in Sec field even do not come to job portals. The get filled by reference from some of their own employees. Especially, the jobs demanding experience from 0-3 years.

Now let say XYZ company asks his employee Mr. Rock, who has a good reputation in office, to get someone with 0-3 years of experience on board.

So what do you (freshers) think how he would approach?

First of all he'll try listing out all of the "deserving" fresh guys who are in touch with him or he knows are good. If he finds someone worthy looking for job, he would refer him for the opening.
    If failed to do so, he'll contact all his friends who are into the same domain to check in their contacts to find someone.
    If failed to find anyone, job would be posted on some job portal.

So the very important question is, how would Mr. Rock judge whether some one is good enough to perform the job or not?

Ans: The valuable presence of the fresher in the communities or forums which Mr. Rock frequently visits.
    With the valuable presence what I mean is....show/share your knowledge politely on forums.
    Let others see your arsenal
    Let others see what you are capable of doing
    Let others see how you interact with your peers
    Let others see how you respect your seniors, peers and followers
    Let others see your positive attitude and desire to learn new stuff
    Let others see your passion for hacking and willingness to make Security as your career

If Mr. Rock doesn't see the above mentioned points, how would he come to know about the right candidate?

The scenario ends here and I believe I made my point clear.

With sharing you not only get in contact with good guys but directly serving the hackers community as well from where you learnt everything and for absolutely free!

So sharing is caring and an indirect help to your self.

Regards
    [*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN
    [*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious

Blog Entries
    We have living examples of b0nds scenario in our Garage.....Information Security is a very small field......key is to build refrences....

Well explained and to the point.....thanks b0nd