Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My OSCP Venture Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Congrats b0nd and thanks for taking time out to document your experience

Hi,
    Congrats!! Its an awesome achievement.

Wonder by when i'll be ready to even take that exam. But no worries, one day or the other keeping you all as inspiration, it will happen

Can you give us a brief idea, what all should we dwell into, so that we can take a shot at this exam.

Or let me rephrase my question, what all we need to prepare before the lab to get the most value out of it?

Thanks.

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mayjune View Post
    Hi,
    Congrats!! Its an awesome achievement.

Can you give us a brief idea, what all should we dwell into, so that we can take a shot at this exam.

Or let me rephrase my question, what all we need to prepare before the lab to get the most value out of it?

Thanks.
    Thanks mayjune.

Regarding the preparation to get most out of the labs, point to note is that it is not a course for beginners. The aspirant should have a considerable amount of knowledge and real hands on compromising targets.
    Once you have the feeling from inside that you have attained good amount of technical hacking knowledge and by someway you manage to compromise a machine....you would be ready to take this course.

Here is the course outline.
    Last edited by b0nd; 05-15-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    [*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN[*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious

Blog Entries
    According to the new course/fees structure

package of pwb 3.0 material + 1 month labs + cert costs $750

and 30 days lab extension costs $250

The regulation states that you shall appear for the exam within 90 days from expiration of lab period. Does any know what could be the gap between first lab period and lab extension. And also if it affects the course fees somehow.
    ACCESS is GOD

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar
    Hi the_empty,

Although we have already discussed this on IM but better I reply here as well for someone who might be digging this thread for the same query in future.

1. The following three are if you are taking up the labs for the first time:
    Package deal- Offsec PWB v.3.0 + 30 days lab access + certification $750
    Package deal- Offsec PWB v.3.0 + 60 days lab access + certification $950
    Package deal- Offsec PWB v.3.0 + 90 days lab access + certification $1100
    2. The following three for the extension of lab, considering the version has not been changed:
    Labs extension of 60 days access $450
    Labs extension of 30 days access $250
    Labs extension of 15 days access $150
    3. The following are to upgrade the certificate (I am not sure whether student would need to take exam again or not):
    PWB Upgrade v.2.0 to v3.0 $200
    PWB Upgrade v.1.0 to v3.0 $300
    4. And the following are if the version has been changed in between your gap period. Lab would be mandatory:
    PWB Upgrade v.2.0 to v3.0 + 30 days new labs $400
    PWB Upgrade v.1.0 to v3.0 + 30 days new labs $500
    Rgds
    [*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN[*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious

Thanks for this amazing write up, b0nd

There is a lot of useful information here and I enjoyed reading your experience of clearing one of the toughest security certifications, OSCP