Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project: Linux Log Eraser v0.1 Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Blog Entries
    something I really wanted these days thanks b0nd, taste better when its build under garage roof
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Abhay you are missing the point completely

As bond said there are lots of Log Earasers already in Net.
    He is doing it for practicing the Bash Scriping.
    My suggestion for helping him would be , you also contribue with some code if you want to
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

Nicely coded up ... Best thing is that its a shell script.
    The code flow is nice. Well documented and comments are precise.
    Something I should bring in practice.

Will see if I have any ideas about it and try to chip in.
    Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    Abhay you are missing the point completely

As bond said there are lots of Log Earasers already in Net.
    He is doing it for practicing the Bash Scriping.
    My suggestion for helping him would be , you also contribue with some code if you want to
    Yes that is exactly what i wanted to .Actually I am just starting to get the hang of Linux security mechanisms.Will take some time
    Yups, you are right , from now on will contribute my own codes only
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

Hi bro,

I have tried to code for shell search in any linux/unix system... well I dont know shell scripting... so whole code is not mine it is of google..................
    Just give a look to it once... if u want any changes... just let me know.....

search string: Hard coded... i think its shell .... so it better be hard coded... since i dont know best search querry for any shell...... so just gave some random strings... u can modify them.........
    This program is slow :/.......... In future I will try to optimize it more.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by s1ayer; 06-02-2011 at 03:54 PM.
    JAI MATA DI

Silence is not our weakness, Its just we dont want to waste our time...........

Network Security Administrator Hackuin's Avatar
    @slayer:

1. You have commented the line, which reads "# kindly ensure you have root access", Please try to display it either with "printf" or "echo" to end user. You should echo the message to user instead of displaying it at comments.

or Force user to be a root with:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    #: Description: Forcing user to be a root or Displaying the message to end-users to become root.

__rootUid=0       #: As we know the user ID of root is 0

if [ "$UID" -ne "$__rootUid" ]	 #: Please use desired STDOUT message for end-user.
     then
     printf "%s\n" "Cannot run script: Permission denied." "Please be root to use this script".
     exit 1
    fi
    2. Please try build it with STDIN functionality.

@b0nd:
    Script is very good.
    I would also ask you too for forcing user to be a root. which leave us with few lesser coding. I mean, the whole processing/identification of who the user is and all, also helpful as, the distributions like, Fedora, OpenSuse etc., have only 'root' read access (-rw-------) to certain files like, "wtmp", and also, by default configuration of "ubuntu" you won't find, /var/log/messages, obviously your scripts looks for the files mentioned in the array. However, It would have been simply put of with "ls -R /var/log/*", for displaying log files available at his/her distribution. and also can use "grep Permi to just display user, which files he doesn't have access to aswell.

I need little more time to simple go through your complete script, I did not even run this yet. Just few points.

@Hackuin

thnks for the suggestion bro....... will implement it.........
    JAI MATA DI

Silence is not our weakness, Its just we dont want to waste our time...........

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar
    Hackuin, thanks for the valuable comments. Better don't read the script in detail at the moment bcoz I have designed it again from scratch and would be posting here soon. Let's have discussion after that.

s1ayer, thanks to you too for your inputs. I'll work on that as well.

Rgds
    [*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN
    [*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious