Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help: convert any exe file to hex to asm?? Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Need Help: convert any exe file to hex to asm??

Hello guys,

I know there are many dessemblers out in the market which can do this... but is there any package in java or c/c++ which can do it for me.
    I mean I want to write it from scratch , so how to do it??

thanks in advance
    JAI MATA DI

Silence is not our weakness, Its just we dont want to waste our time...........

They are free with your development kit.
    With Visual Studio Dumpbin.exe and with Java SDK (JDK) it is javaw.exe..."vinnu"

I guess these files are used to make executables..... but i want hex from executables...... hvnt tried them yet.... will do n update in b/w..... can dumpbin.exe used seperatly??

thnks for help
    JAI MATA DI

Yep dumpbin is a very handy tool in binary analysis.

Dumpbin /disasm abs.exe > asm.txt

will dissemble the file along with its hex bytes.

It can also separate different memory sections of a binary and PE header too.

dumpbin comes bundled with visual studio.
    CALL IT DIRECTLY FROM CONSOLE OTHERWISE EDIT THE path VARIABLE IN ENVIORONMENT TO SET IT FOR BIN FOLDER OF UR VISUAL STUDIO..."VINNU"

@s1ayer, you should search on disassembling. Then you will get an understanding.

@vinnu bro n webdevil bro......... thnks for the help....
    but i have got one more concern...... can we get the database of virus.... latest or virus..... or is it possible to extract the dabase of virus of nod kaspersky mcafee....... from their updates....... as they all have different extension like poc is used by nod....... etc....
    JAI MATA DI

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ayer View Post
    can we get the database of virus.... latest or virus.....
    That will be one hard task. Have a look at open source clamAV . I think they provide database of virus signatures....
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

@vinnu bro n webdevil bro......... thnks for the help....
    but i have got one more concern...... can we get the database of virus.... latest or virus..... or is it possible to extract the dabase of virus of nod kaspersky mcafee....... from their updates....... as they all have different extension like poc is used by nod....... etc....
    Well this is going of the topic is it ??

If tell what exactly is your final aim it would be easy for people to provide you info.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

@neo bro: no its not off topic...... wht i was thinking.... was to first build an antivirus.... then evolve it into firewall as a total protection suite....... each step one by one....... now for making anti virus... we need signatures of the virus to be matched with hex values of files...(basic concept) so... first step .... was to find hex values... tht with the help of vinnu bro n google..... i got it.. now whn i went to second step.. to get the db of virus signature... again i got stuck...... as i was unable to read the diff extensions of different anti virus... obviously i cannt.. but i was wondering whether there is anything called universal library for virus...
    Second... i also wanted to evolve tht project into intelligent antivirus.... as an algorithm has been given to find the hex signature of virus by which researchers find the signatures.....
    This was the initial idea.. I know its very long term..... but each thing is done step by step.....
    JAI MATA DI

Namaste
    Ok i got it. You want to make an antivirus. But you want the signatures of virii/malware from other antivirii. This will be a little harder than making your own such database.

This is because every database of every different vendor is in different form depending upon the av engine.

And the av engines algorithms are the most secret+sacred thing for each av vendor.

But you can develop ur own av engine and make ur own database too if u can program.

One more thing, none of mostly used antivirus like Kasp.., Nort.., Mcaf.., AV.., Avas..., Avir..., TrendM...,Quic...,K#...,nod128...,pan..., or u name it can withstand any highly advanced & intelligent cyber espionage attack.
    All/most of them are dumb.
    So if you are going to develop one, then it may be small but develop good one.

For further development concerns, we may procede in this thread..."vinnu"