Thread: Maltego...way to go :) Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Garage Newcomer

Cool Maltego...way to go :)

maltego is open source intelligence and forensic application.information gathering and the minig of data can be represented b maltego
    maltgego display the output using relationship and entities (you can say transforms in maltego).malego you can use on any kind of platform as its java based application.

maltego put hierachical reprsentation and non linear structure in linear manner.obviously it is understandable to the user.
    maltego use client server architecture for the information gathering so that will be used to determine the the relationship and even real world links in the internet infrastucture
    in maltego GUI u can see the relations in flexible manner and maltego allows u to arrange them if you make it understandable to the user.
    in information gathering field the main important thing is to make your result accurate.because you cant take any action or any cant even exploit it without knowing its vulnerability.

when you perform the tranforms on the specific attribute you must be know why are you using this transform because of wrong transform you will get to the wrong target.
    you have to perform the operation using the proper entities.so the result will be as your inputed manner.
    you can manage the parents,children's,neighbors relations in hierarchical model as you wish to and as per the need of information gathering
    in maltego you can refer the relation of other constraints using some other aspects by profiling the specific person company org.bcoz maltego allows user to insert new terms in to existed graph.
    for more impassive results you can use your own made entities in maltego.

intelligence is a field where obviously the common mind is not enough to work so the maltego is providing us lot of stuffs which are actually multiprosessed and even multi threaded .see every nation have its own intelligence agency but there are few agencies which are known world wide.this thing happens because of there planed and well managed information gathering as well as the way they work.
    forensics is field where the the footprints trapped to reach to the main criminal.the main thing in the forensics is to trap down the criminal.
    in maltego you trap down the ingoing and out going link to the domain or any personal applets like a person on a internet having email id's ,profiles on the social networking sites,phone numbers,address so ,maltego is used to extract the this information by using and applying right entites or by creating entities.

anyways here i put my thoughts about the maltego.i found this application very useful as well as impressive .
    i just want to say just have look on it ..almost all people here having backtrack 5 and maltego is by default there
    so just "check it out"
    ~peace~

I used to just love Maltego till they made it *paid* version.
    Now the free version doesnt allow you to save data etc.

But it has great feature for intellegence gathering.
    Orkut id: neo1981
    Blog: infosec-neo.blogspot.com
    Nothing is Impossible*

*Conditions Apply

did anyone checked http://www.netglub.org/

Claimed to be first Really Open Source Information Gathering tool

heard about it for the first time @ nullcon in fyodor's presentation http://nullcon.net/archive/2011/presentation/

Garage Newcomer

yes

i found maltego friendly then netglub even i heard netglub name first time in null
    ~peace~

but still the best part with Netglub is that its open source and its up to us now if we want to make it more better and more user friendly
    power of open source
    /null0