Thread: echo mirage alternative to linux Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Security Researcher
    Blog Entries

echo mirage alternative to linux

Hi All,

I am looking for one specific feature,

I use echo mirage to trap request's to internet which are not following general proxy rules or are port based communication.

however i need a linux alternative for this.

I cna only think of one way which is to put a iptables forward for all outgoing traffic to a different port and use a port for monitoring.

however that's hypothetical, is it actually feasible and workable solution if not then suggest some alternatives.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Blog :
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Why not just tcpdump traffic on that same system? You haven't stated why this is not an option.

But yeah simply using iptables to PRE/POST ROUTE to another box will just work fine.

Security Researcher
    Blog Entries
    actually i am looking to setup a interception proxy.

the PRE and POST routing i am trying to figure out how to do it for self only and then send the traffic forward.

Interception proxy for windows when there is port communication is echomirage.

to be more specific i am looking for an alternative to echo mirage for this specific feature
    Hakers.info Setting up proxy for apps in android emulator

proxy for app in android emulator.

Blog :

Even if you were to push traffic to another linux box, you won't be able to tamper it.

As this tool does not work on the port based communication as like the normal proxies. If the application is running on https is there any way by which we can analyse the captured traffic (encrypted) in Echo mirage.