Thread: What is the best programming langauge to learn? Share/Save - My123World.Com!

What is the best programming langauge to learn?

About 10 years ago I learnt a little programming at Uni. I want to go back and learn to program again for my persoanl satisfaction. Where should I start?
    Last edited by abhaythehero; 09-06-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Removed spamming link

Curious to know what would meet your personal satisfaction in programming. Accordingly you could pick up a programming language.

For mine point of view, PHP is best programming language to learn because It has a lot of scope in market.. I've also join the classes of PHP programming from last month...

There is no best programming language.Depends what you are doing.The easiest to start and useful would be python.There on you should choose a language that does your job best.

You can start with C/C++ programming language, then move to Assembly Language

Garage Member
    Blog Entries
    I don't think PHP will be a good recommendation for someone who want to start programming.
    I'd suggest you C/C++ as ZeroBoy did. After you're comfortable w/ them, you'll be clear what exactly you want to do.. Assembly, (server/client/ inux/etc) Scripting, Java, etc etc..

Cheers.
    Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who
    keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.
    - Henry Ford

It's hard to say - if impossible at all - what language may be essential for your carrier. It totally depends... on your future job profile. Besides i can almost guarantee that you will not learn in university/college such things that will be needed by your future employer. So you are slightly over-estimating question importance. Also it can be that your future job will need a language that you didn't met in university ! So you must prepare to learn any language by yourself on behalf of employer requirements.
    So these things points to idea that you should be familiar enough with most languages which are taught in university. And finally, just my personal opinion,- you should know C language very well, because:
    1. It is programming *classics*, which should know every educated developer.
    2. It is most popular language.
    3. There are most code examples on net written in C or JAVA (based on google code search)
    4. Finally C (and C++) programs are fastest compared to other languages (except of course assembler), because they are *closer* to computer hardware than any other language is (yes, still assembler closer ).
    So, in my opinion make a VERY good start with C and later you will be able to branch to any required language.
    Play free online
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    games - Enjoy life!

C++, Java, Visual Basic and HTML are the programming languages most often used in Computer Science, Information Technology and Web Programming

I am lernt to c,c++ and html.But i am interest to learn for hypertext protocol.