Thread: Booting problem, Error: Remove disk or any other media and press any key to restart Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Garage Newcomer

Booting problem, Error: Remove disk or any other media and press any key to restart

Ok i dont know if this is correct place to drop this thread but i cant find a general discussion area to put this thread on so dropped it here..

anyways ive created an ubuntu , bootable flash drive and i am trying to boot from it but i am getting an error:
    remove disk or any other media and press any key to restart

my usb stick is fine as ive used it to boot on other computers as well and it worked fine,
    my boot order is set to
    1- usb
    2- hdd

any sugg. on how to fix it?
    Last edited by b0nd; 01-01-2012 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Moved from "Shout box" to "BackTrack and Other Linux Distributions"

Blog Entries
    Well are u able to boot from ur CD ?? . I believe ur on Lenova ?? And u have formatted Ur entire hard disk recently ?? . Get a copy of Gpart and burn it on to a CD, nd try booting from that. Please put more info on the product ur using nd the recent activities u have done on it.
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Super Commando Dhruv abhaythehero's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    anyways ive created an ubuntu , bootable flash drive and i am trying to boot from it
    Please specify the method by which you have created your bootable flash drive ?
    In the world of 0s and 1s, are you a zero or The One !

Garage Newcomer
    im using lenovo laptop with windows vista.
    i used unetbootin to create the flash drive.
    well i had ubuntu installed along with windows, this problem started after i removed ubuntu from my laptop.
    i havent tried booting from CD but i used same image to create a virtual machine so definately the iso image is fine.

could this be a boot virus or some bios problem?

Blog Entries
    So my assumptions were right , what u have done is, ur formatted ur entire hardrive and removed the system partition . What are system partitions and boot partitions? . Take a look at the above link and come back.

Now what you have to do it, get a copy of G-parted Disk partition manager , burn it to a CD and boot form there [you will be able to boot]. After booting , you need to find an option that says create System Partition 'something similar'. Once ur done with that step your good to go .

Alternate way http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx
    Hacking Is a Matter of Time Knowledge and Patience

Garage Newcomer
    Thanx bro, i will definately try them out!
    and no, i didnt format my hard drive to remove ubuntu, i just deleted its partition and then used easybcd to write MBR and reclaimed the space!