Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To: Jobs for freshers in IT Security Share/Save - My123World.Com!

Garage Member
    b0nd is very accurate. Reference matters a lot these days.
    be a R3b3l not a P3bbl3...
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

@BOnd Im agree with you .. The Word Sharing is caring ... @Fb1 Letz Start Something unique things...

Blog Entries
    Living Example for Bonds post is Me

How about a person having 8+ years of experience in some other domain and want to get into security( done redhat certification). Do you think, he is able to get a job in reputed company?.
    I would like to know your views on it.

Network Security Administrator Hackuin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcobra View Post
    How about a person having 8+ years of experience in some other domain and want to get into security( done redhat certification). Do you think, he is able to get a job in reputed company?.
    I would like to know your views on it.
    It does really matters how you represent the requirement of the organization. For example:
    If I have 8+ years of experience in Networking. I do have Red-Hat certification. And, I am willing to turn to Red-hat Administration consider in a production support,
    I must represent myself, as I have face plenty of networking issues, related with Linux OS, when most of the Linux Administration skills are required, and my resume/CV should, make it feel of possible Linux Administration guy. Please make it note note it well, a reputed organization always consider experience, it solely depends upon your current domains mixture, which they must convinced of possible exposure of required skill sets.
    "Free software" is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of "free" as in "free speech," not as in "free beer."
    "Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the answer."
    "Ubuntu - Linux For Human Beings."

Currently reading books:
    Integrating Forensic Investigation Methodology into eDiscovery -- by Colin Chisholm.
    Digital Forensics with Open Source Toolss -- by Cory Altheide && Harlan Carvey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackuin View Post
    It does really matters how you represent the requirement of the organization. For example:
    If I have 8+ years of experience in Networking. I do have Red-Hat certification. And, I am willing to turn to Red-hat Administration consider in a production support,
    I must represent myself, as I have face plenty of networking issues, related with Linux OS, when most of the Linux Administration skills are required, and my resume/CV should, make it feel of possible Linux Administration guy. Please make it note note it well, a reputed organization always consider experience, it solely depends upon your current domains mixture, which they must convinced of possible exposure of required skill sets.
    I understood your point mate but lets take this real scenario of mine. I am in .NET domain and I am sick of it and M$ kept on releasing new version faster than a child birth and the technologies/tools it has released required time and effort to update.
    I do agree it is and will keep on happening in Linux but not with the same speed as of M$. Also I am intrusted in Linux administration + security since I pass out the college. But the place I came from doesn't have that awareness at that time to help me out. Then I kept myself drag on with dotnet because of just need to earn money and family.
    Now after 8 years I am facing serious issues in my career because I have completely lost intrusted in dot net and want to switch to Linux and my company is pushing me to limits.

Now considering the Indian IT market, its kinda very difficult to convince one the reason being of switching to another domain and specially when its completely different like from dot net to Linux which has no link whatsoever.

In this case, I am really screwd and I am afraid that if I wont be able to find a good respectful job in Linux and too will be considered as beginner.

Suggest something please.
    Last edited by b0nd; 06-10-2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Removed f's

Network Security Administrator Hackuin's Avatar
    I don't know why, evil inside me gets excited, and lolz-hard, when some-one, put shit on M$hit.

I can understand your scenario.
    Who said, there is there's no link in .NET and Linux? have you ever considered [ Open Source .NET development Framework ].
    Try to make-up few links in your 8+ years experience about this like, you need to understand the Linux skill sets for developing few administration application of like and got involved in most of the Linux oriented skills, Just try to bridge the gap between them. I know its difficult. But, still gives you a solid factor to consider.
    "Free software" is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the concept, you should think of "free" as in "free speech," not as in "free beer."
    "Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the answer."
    "Ubuntu - Linux For Human Beings."

Currently reading books:
    Integrating Forensic Investigation Methodology into eDiscovery -- by Colin Chisholm.
    Digital Forensics with Open Source Toolss -- by Cory Altheide && Harlan Carvey.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackuin View Post
    I don't know why, evil inside me gets excited, and lolz-hard, when some-one, put shit on M$hit.

I can understand your scenario.
    Who said, there is there's no link in .NET and Linux? have you ever considered [ Open Source .NET development Framework ].
    Try to make-up few links in your 8+ years experience about this like, you need to understand the Linux skill sets for developing few administration application of like and got involved in most of the Linux oriented skills, Just try to bridge the gap between them. I know its difficult. But, still gives you a solid factor to consider.

I had experience with Linux and Computer Associate tool called fast-track ( runs on Linux ) which is used for data migration and shell scripting. I have also just setup a VM for Red Hat Enterprise Linux server 5.01 for the setup of GT.M(mumps and fileman). It is my current project as I am now not in dot net project. It was a small project and going to be finished soon. Then again need to find dot net project in my company.

Reducing the gap between dot net and Linux is hard and such opportunities that you have discussed is minimal in Indian market. Do no what to do...

... I am no Expert b0nd.g4h@gmail.com b0nd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aliliaquat2912 View Post
    Well, there is no doubt that in today's e-World it security has become the most critical issue to all big or small organization. I myself work for a multi-national company providing it security services all over the world. I would urge you all Jr members to stay focus and do your home work well before stepping in this InfoSec world.
    aliliaquat2912, your input is valuable but not the advertisement you made. Your post would be amended.
    Take care.
    [*] To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master,
    ------> become the master!!! <------
    [*] Everyone has a will to WIN but very few have the will to prepare to WIN
    [*] Invest yourself in everything you do, there's fun in being serious

Garage Newcomer
    Hey guys,

As bond says, reference matters a lot. I have C|EH and i am currently working as an Telecom Engineer and i am working closely with the Info sec team. For Juniors like us it hard to find jobs outside unless you get some strong reference.

Hope one even my number will come Until then stay curious & keep hacking